Professional Architectural Design

We believe that involving an Architect at the outset will add value and will make the whole process run more smoothly. We have over 20 years’ experience working in practice on a wide variety of projects. We work closely with Planning and Building Standards and have an excellent understanding of what is required to gain Planning Approval and meet the various technical requirements for a Building Warrant.

Here is a summary of the services we can provide:

  • Bespoke New House Design & Extensions
  • Planning Permission for Individual Plots & Masterplans
  • Building Warrants for Domestic & Commercial Projects
  • Plans for Short Term Lets Licence Applications
  • Measured Surveys
  • Listed Buildings & Work in Conservation Areas
  • Project Supervision
  • Agricultural Buildings & Decrofting Plans
  • Disposition Plans
Contact us

Planning Applications

There are many types of Planning Application. We take care of the whole process, including all required drawings and advising on other consultants who might be required. We also fill out all the forms and deal with any questions from the Planning Officer dealing with your application. The most valuable contribution we make to your Planning Application is our experience. We have successfully represented a wide range of clients for the past 20 years. The planning process is not always straightforward, but we know how to work with the Local Authority to ensure you get the Consent that you need.

Here is a brief description of the most common types of application we deal with for our clients:

  1. Planning in Principle (PIP) Application for New House. This is typically when you want to sell a plot and add to the value of your land. Drainage and access need to be looked at as part of the type of application and we can prepare either a single application or if it’s a number of houses, an overall development plan for these.
  2. Planning Application for New House / Houses or a Non-domestic Development. This includes the detail of how the building will look, the surroundings, landscaping and the process involves working closely with you to ensure the design meets all your requirements.
  3. Householder Applications. This is essentially a Planning Application for works to an existing house such as an extension of a detached garage. Some types of extensions are covered by Permitted Development and we will be able to advise you on whether or not your project requires Planning Permission based on the size and position of it in relation to the existing house.
  4. Change of Use. This can be for a wide range of buildings. One example is when a non-domestic building is to be converted into a house. It can also be for a non-domestic building that needs its Use Class changes to suit a new tenant or owner. We deal with all types of applications including vehicle showrooms, workshops, restaurants and hot food takeaways (sui generis).
  5. Listed Buildings. Almost all building works to a Listed Building need Listed Building Consent. Although there is no application fee for this type of application, in most cases the Planning Officer will need more detailed information and in some instances a Planning Application is also required, as a Listed Building does not have any Permitted Development rights.
Contact us

Building Warrant

The majority of work to an existing building, particularly if it involves any structural changes or if the work alters the insulation envelope will require a Building Warrant.

New Houses and Extensions also require a Building Warrant, with New Houses requiring an energy calculation (SAP, which stands for Standard Assessment Procedure). We prepare this in house along with the Sustainability Label and the Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) at Completion. The benefit of carrying out the SAP Calculation in house is it allows us to look at different options for heating, ventilation and insulation specifications. We apply the design principles of Passive House to ensure that your new home is as energy efficient as possible and we explain the various options to reduce the running costs including what technologies are available.

All but the most simple of alterations require the input of a Structural Engineer and we work closely with a number of highly experienced engineers who we can liaise with on your behalf. Their information then supplements ours for the Building Warrant process.

Thanks to our varied experience with New Houses, Extensions, Offices, Hotels and many other types of non-domestic buildings we can offer you professional advice on the best solutions available and we deal with the whole Building Warrant process for you.

Contact us

Make an Enquiry