The majority of work to an existing building, particularly if it involves any structural changes or if the work alters the insulation envelope will require a Building Warrant.

New Houses and Extensions also require a Building Warrant, with New Houses requiring an energy calculation (SAP, which stands for Standard Assessment Procedure). We prepare this in house along with the Sustainability Label and the Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) at Completion. The benefit of carrying out the SAP Calculation in house is it allows us to look at different options for heating, ventilation and insulation specifications. We apply the design principles of Passive House to ensure that your new home is as energy efficient as possible and we explain the various options to reduce the running costs including what technologies are available.

All but the most simple of alterations require the input of a Structural Engineer and we work closely with a number of highly experienced engineers who we can liaise with on your behalf. Their information then supplements ours for the Building Warrant process.

Thanks to our varied experience with New Houses, Extensions, Offices, Hotels and many other types of non-domestic buildings we can offer you professional advice on the best solutions available and we deal with the whole Building Warrant process for you.

Contact us

Make an Enquiry